In this minor you will work with fellow students on a research project in cooperation with a company that makes a relevant contribution to the protein transition. These projects are positioned across the entire food chain, from breeding and cultivation to the production of meat and dairy alternatives, market-oriented innovative research, and consumer buying behavior. Each research project will take into account sustainability aspects and the impact on the entire food chain.
You have the opportunity to further develop your ambition and talents by specialising yourself in one or more areas of the protein transition. This will help you to gain more knowledge and skills as a professional in your future job or own business. Possible topics are:
- Impact on sustainability
- Current and future protein sources
- Breeding technology to improve protein yield
- Cultivation and soil quality
- Protein extraction technology
- Technical and sensory functionality of plant alternative proteins
- Product development for plant-based foods and consumer behaviour
Moreover, this minor will allow you to develop your research skills.