After the course you will have enough knowledge of the functioning of the plant and plant physiology to be able to control better, to monitor and if necessary adjust or redirect the growth/crop in order to get optimal yield results.
About the course
There is a trend towards doing more with less. We have ever-growing expectations for our crops: more yield, higher quality, but with lower inputs. Having sufficient knowledge of the functioning of plants and thus of plant physiology is essential for optimum crop management.
Result after the course
About the course
Content of the course
The course consists of 5 modules:
Module 1: Photosynthesis
- The process of photosynthesis.
- The effects of the inputs and outputs of this process and what you can achieve with this.
Module 2: Water management
- Water management in plants and monitoring.
- How to respond to water management
Module 3: Respiration & hormones
- The most important internal and external drivers of plant development
- How to respond to these drivers
Module 4: Plant cells and DNA
- How is the genetic information coded in the DNA translated into the plant’s traits?
- How is this genetic information passed on?
- Can humans influence genetic traits and how they are expressed and if so, how?
Module 5: Soil and plant nutrition
- Soil and fertilising requirements and preventing problems such as deficiency symptoms
- Nutrient uptake and the routes used for this
- Nutrient availability for the plant in the soil/substrate
- Achieving an optimum balance between the soil/substrate and fertilising your crop
This course is developed for anyone who has to deal with plant production and who wants to gain further knowledge of plant physiology. This can be horticultural entrepreneurs, cultivation/crop managers/specialists, (head) growers and crop production employees. The course is taught in English.
The course is given by experienced lecturers from HAS green academy. They will teach you the theory that you will subsequently prove in practice. For instance together with your fellow students during lecturer-led group discussions.
Practical sessions are also part of the programme. By trying out the theory on your own crop and those of your fellow course members during the teaching periods, we ensure that we tailor the programme for your own situation in practice.
What do you need to enroll in this course? And what else is good to know?
Good to know
Start and course dates
Plant physiology in one week starts on May 8, 2023.
The course consists of 4 days in one week. Course days are from 9.00 to 17.00 hrs:
- Monday May 8 2023
- Tuesday May 9 2023
- Wednesday May 10 2023
- Thursday May 11 2023
This course is taught at higher professional (HBO) undergraduate level. Participants should therefore have a minimum of upper secondary vocational level (MBO) or equivalent.
Completion of the course
After you have completed the course, you will receive the certificate in Plant physiology from HAS green academy.
- Date of commencement
08 May 2023
- Course price
- Catering arrangement
- Total price
All amounts mentioned are excluding VAT. Training costs, including course material, are exempt from VAT. All other costs are charged with 9% VAT.
The basic course is included.
Any bank/administration fees are for your own account.