The 5 modules in this English e-learning course each include a brief introduction and various learning tools such as videos, articles and assignments and discussions about the different aspects of soil. The course consists of the following 5 modules:
Module 1: Introduction
- Working in an e-learning environment
- Introduce yourself and your company/education
- Your background in soil and why you would like to gain additional knowledge
- The importance of soil
Module 2: Physical soil fertility
- What is physical soil fertility?
- How can you recognise and assess different soils based on their physical properties
Module 3: Chemical soil fertility
- What is chemical soil fertility?
- The importance of a good pH (acidity)
- What is organic matter?
- What are nutrients, and how do you make good use of them?
- Which cycles are present in the soil?
Module 4: Organic soil fertility
- What is organic soil fertility?
- The importance of soil life
Module 5: Wrapping up
- How can you apply the knowledge gained during the previous modules?