HAS University is looking for a Lecturer in Business Economics
At the study programme International Food & Agribusiness (IFA) we are looking for a:
Lecturer in Business Economics
The task load is 1.0 fte. The term of the appointment is initially for one year. We also offer starting teachers an excellent guidance program, especially for candidates without specific teaching experience and/or educational training.
The 4-year Bachelor degree programme International Food & Agribusiness offers an inspirational, international learning environment and focusses on the development of sustainable food systems worldwide, and more specific on sustainable food and agribusiness in developing countries and emerging economies. IFA graduates therefore have practical business experience as well as detailed expertise in the field of increasing sustainability in the supply chains. Moreover, they have basic technological knowledge of one domain in specific: Crops, Animal or Food, with a link to the development of circular economy as related to the agrifood sector.
- Providing education and training (lectures, courses, projects, internship supervision and supervision of graduation projects) within the field of business economics;
- coordination and quality assurance (continuous improvement) of education;
- study career counselling/coaching of students;
- carrying out projects in cooperation with the business community in the agri-and food sector;
- maintaining an external (preferably also international) network in your own field of expertise and keeping track of current developments and translating them into relevant educational products;
- co-designing and developing the curriculum of the study programme.
We are looking for a colleague
- with current professional knowledge and/or skills related to business economics;
- with at least 5 years of wide-ranging work experience in a business/financial position, preferably in an international environment;
- with thorough knowledge of classic economic concepts: reporting, financing, cost calculations;
- with knowledge of the relevant fields of application for the study programme: entrepreneurship, business planning, international business
- with experience (is considered as an advantage) or affinity with working with students and/or trainees;
- for whom providing education in English is not a problem;
- with a good understanding of excel;
- who has an affinity with the agri-food sector (is considered as an advantage);
- at HBO or Master's level of work and thinking.
- who radiates enthusiasm, fun and passion for the profession!
- who is externally focused with a heart for the business;
- who is well organised;
- with guts, daring, initiative and perseverance;
- who is people-oriented and a flexible team player
In other words, if you are someone who dares to make the difference for students, colleagues and work field, please contact us.
Working conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement (cao-hbo). Salary depends on education and experience and, in case of full employment, amounts to scale 11 (minimum € 3.453,16 and maximum € 5.026,85 gross per month). There are also opportunities during your career at HAS University of Applied Sciences to progress to the position of Higher Education Teacher in salary scale 12. We offer you a competitive package of employment conditions including a fixed thirteenth month, an attractive collective health insurance, a contribution to your health insurance and 8% holiday allowance.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact Martine Overdijk, via email@example.com.
For detailed information about our study programmes, please visit our website: www.HAS.nl.
The first talks will take place between the 7th and 11th of September, the second talks between the 14th and 18th of September.
If so, please leave your application on our website www.HAS.nl/werkenbij before the 31st of August.
The HAS performs a standard reference check after the second selection interview.
The vacancy is posted both internally and externally. Internal candidates are preferred.